Thursday, January 29, 2009

10 Questions to Ask When Shopping for Long Distance Providers

Shopping for long distance business service on the internet can be confusing, frustrating, and time-consuming. But these 10 tips will help you find the best deal.

Once you have selected your top three to five choices, contact each company via email or phone and ask these questions:

1. How many years or experience do you have?

2. What are your price ranges and options?

3. What are your rates, and can I secure a certain rate if I sign up for service for a year or two, etc.?

4. How does your company figures the costs, including surcharges and increments?

5. Who will handle my account--a team, or a project coordinator, or someone else, and will this person continue to handle my account?


Once you make a selection, ask these questions:

6. Who do I contact to report a service interruption?

7. Who do I contact for billing information?

8. May I have the name and contact information of the person who will be responsible to interpret my first bill?

9. Would you tell me about your customer satisfaction surveys and schedule a follow-up for me?

10. Would you explain the details for the end of my term?

Remember, you want the best long distance service, it's your money, your effort, your time. It is your right to ask these questions. Don't let the companies intimidate you; they are here to serve you, the customer!

No comments: